Palo Verde Behavioral Hospital is hiring a full-time Recreation Therapist with a $1500 sign-on bonus for a recreation therapist with current CTRS designation.
For more information or to pursue this position, you may contact Michelle Carrasco via e-mail at: Michelle.email@example.com
or by phone at (520) 322-2766.
• Organizes and coordinates therapeutic activity programs to effect improvement in the physical, mental, and social well-being of patients. Prepares reports on patient progress, and with the consensus of the treatment team, modifies programs in accordance with the patient’s needs and capacities.
• Provides a variety of types of activities to meet individual patient needs. Establishes leisure educational programs.
• Encourages patients and families to participate in recreational programs.
• Develops, conducts, and evaluates comprehensive recreational program plans and objectives to meet individual patient needs in coordination with other team members.
• Organizes records, maintains, and orders equipment and supplies.
• Provides care to patients in a manner that considers safety, respect, comfort, and the therapeutic environment.
• Documents delivery of treatment services and patient progress.
• Relates with patients, public, and team members in a manner conducive to a harmonious working environment in which patient-centered goals are achieved.
• Supervises and maintains close communication with the volunteers to maximize their contributions.
• Maintains established departmental policies and procedures including those that govern confidentiality, objectives, quality improvement program, risk management/safety, environmental and infection control standards.
• Adheres to Palo Verde Behavioral Health organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Coordinate care with referral sources and other involved professionals
• Maintain regular communication with family members as appropriate
• Return phone calls to professionals and family in a timely manner
• Encourage patients to participate fully in all aspects of the treatment program
• Educate all patients, whenever possible, about ways to facilitate recovery
• Follow safety practices as outlined in Palo Verde Behavioral Health policies and procedures
• Follow the protocol and guidelines of the inpatient program and other formal treatment programs
• Help patients benefit from their insurance by timely completion of all paperwork, returning phone calls, and actively participating in utilization management
• Seek consultation and supervision on specific cases as needed from colleagues at Palo Verde Behavioral Health
• Complete formal assessments and reports within specified time lines
• Chart each session and all relevant contact related to the patient on day of contact
• Chart entries should record the patient’s response to treatment, current mental status, progress in the program, and need for continued treatment if appropriate
• Chart to specific treatment plan goals according to Palo Verde Behavioral Health guidelines
• Ensure the treatment plan is completed and on the chart within the specified time frame
• Complete a group therapy note for all patients in group therapy within specified time lines
Professionalism & Ethics
• Be dependable, punctual, accountable and use time productively
• Be prompt to meetings and in starting therapy sessions
• Contribute to the positive image and reputation of the company
• Make contributions to improvement of Palo Verde Behavioral Health treatment programs on a regular basis
• Participate on committees and help with projects as requested
• Be familiar with and implement Palo Verde Behavioral Health treatment program guidelines
• Acquire and maintain knowledge regarding the patient population served
• Be aware of personal limitations and seek help accordingly
• Maintain proper boundaries with patients and teach them to do likewise
• Treat patients, staff members, professionals and family members with respect and courtesy
• Discuss rights of confidentiality with patients and maintain confidentiality of patient information
• Initiate opportunities to receive feedback and help
• Accept constructive criticism and feedback and use it to improve performance
• Be responsive to direction and follow through on assigned tasks
• Attend in-service and staff training meetings
• Attend Social Services Department meeting and support other therapists and treatment modalities
• Attend Inpatient Treatment Team Meetings and actively participate in treatment planning for all patients
• Seek opportunities to support other therapists’ patients
• Contribute to achievement of performance improvement and actively participate in PI activities as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Recreational Therapy or a closely related therapy field.
• One (1) year of experience as a Recreational Therapist strongly preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, time management, crisis intervention, and group and individual psychotherapy required
• Must be able to observe patient behaviors and write notes in medical charts
• Must be able to physically assist or restrain patients in compliance with the restraint policy
• Keep current with continuing education requirements for State licensure
• Maintain current professional license
• Certified Therapeutic Recreational Specialist, Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Crisis Prevention Instruction (CPI) required. Dept Specific: Valid fingerprint clearance card